Central Virginia Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, share a meal, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Central Virginia Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|10:00 AM||Welcome and Breakfast|
|10:15 AM||Cardiovascular Related Maternal Mortality (1.0 CE)|
|11:15 PM||National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD (2.0 CE)|
Cardiovascular Related Maternal Mortality (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Describe cardiovascular and cardiometabolic complications of pregnancy including long term risks across the lifespan.
- Discuss the impact of social determinants of heath and implicit bias on cardiovascular related maternal mortality.
- Review current women’s health guidelines, policies and recommendations.
- Examine best practices to prevent maternal mortality including improved hypertension monitoring, increased access to perinatal appointments, and more.
National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice (2.0 CE contact hours)
- Cite and locate national guidelines related to CVD Risk Reduction.
- Using a case study approach, apply current CVD prevention and risk reduction guidelines to patient care planning.
- Explain how CV risk assessment tools and patient-centered approaches can help to individualize risk factor management.
- Describe how to identify and manage CV risk factors according to current guideline recommendations.