Central Illinois Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Central Illinois Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
5:30 pm Welcome and Introduction
5:45 pm Exercise Recommendations for Obesity (1 CE) served with dinner
6:45 pm Lipid Management: Incorporating Recent Data into Clinical Practice (1 CE)
7:45 pm Closing
Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (1 CE)
- Explain the role, function, and side effects of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists.
- Review the cardio-protective effects of SGLT2is and GLP1 RAs.
- Discuss the weight loss benefits of GLP1 RAs and SGLT2is.
- Summarize the renal benefits for patients with T2DM prescribed SGLT2is or GLP1 RAs.
- Apply patient and provider tools to enhance access and adherence to medication regimen.
Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
- Review CV risk factors, their relationship, association and prevalence in persons with obesity.
- Discuss ASCVD risk calculators and demonstrate how to calculate 10-year and lifetime ASCVD risk.
- List the steps in performing a comprehensive cardiovascular physical assessment to screen for safety in starting an exercise program.
- Describe best practices in exercise counseling and prescription in persons with obesity.