Cedar Valley IA Fall Learning Program
November 08, 2019
5:30 pm CST -8:00 pm CST
Cedar Falls, IA 50613 United States
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours (including 0.6 pharmacology), and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Cedar Valley IA PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|5:30 pm||Peripheral Arterial Disease: Risk Factors, Screening & Treatment|
|6:30 pm||Questions & Answer|
|6:45 pm||Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management|
Peripheral Arterial Disease: Risk Factors, Screening & Treatment (1 CE)
- Outline the risk factors associated with PAD.
- Describe the clinical presentation of patients with PAD.
- List the steps to perform an Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) to screen for PAD.
- Discuss common treatments for PAD including a supervised exercise training (SET) program for patients with claudication.
Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management (1.0 CE, .06 Pharma)
- Describe the association between diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Review ADA standards of care and CVD and CKD risk reduction.
- Summarize clinical trial data supporting the use of antidiabetic therapy to improve CVD and CKD outcomes.
- Explain a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to management of the patient with Type 2 Diabetes and the role of the CV clinician.