Cedar Valley IA Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, share a meal, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Cedar Valley Iowa Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|6:00 PM||Welcome and Dinner|
|6:15 PM||A Heart Healthy Lifestyle Counseling (1.0 CE)|
|7:15 PM||AFib in Clinical Practice (1.0 CE)|
A Heart Healthy Lifestyle Counseling: A Focus on the Female Patient
- Identify two pregnancy complications associated with future CVD risk.
- Describe the integration of brief dietary counseling into a clinical visit.
- Apply evidence-based interventions to promote physical activity and healthy eating including the PCNA Heart Healthy Toolbox.
AFib in Clinical Practice: Recommended Tools and Treatments to Prevent Stroke
- Discuss the risk factors associated with undiagnosed and asymptomatic atrial fibrillation.
- Incorporate effective strategies for early detection of AFib into clinical practice
- Select tools that can help in communicating risk factors, prevention strategies, and treatment approaches with patients.
- Identify key aspects of current recommendations on atrial fibrillation, anticoagulation, stroke risk, and prevention approaches.