Arizona Virtual Fall Program
To Join the Program, Click Here.
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours (including .07 Pharm), and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Arizona PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
9:00 Intro and Welcome
9: 15 Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
10:15 Antiplatelet Therapy Post Acute Coronary Syndrome: Choosing the Right Therapy for the Right Duration (1 CE, .07 Pharm)
Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
- Review CV risk factors, their relationship, association and prevalence in persons with obesity.
- Discuss ASCVD risk calculators and demonstrate how to calculate 10-year and lifetime ASCVD risk.
- List the steps in performing a comprehensive cardiovascular physical assessment to screen for safety in starting an exercise program.
- Describe best practices in exercise counseling and prescription in persons with obesity.
Antiplatelet Therapy Post Acute Coronary Syndrome: Choosing the Right Therapy for the Right Duration (1.0 CE, 0.7 Pharm)
- List guideline-recommended antiplatelet therapies and indications for their use in the post-ACS patient.
- Identify the most appropriate choice and duration of antiplatelet therapy in selected case studies.
- Outline strategies to improve patient understanding and adherence to long-term antiplatelet therapies.