Arizona Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, share a meal, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Arizona Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|10:00 AM||Welcome and Breakfast|
|10:30 AM||CE Presentation (1.0 CE)|
|11:30 AM||CE Presentation (1.0 CE)|
Hypertension: Identification, Management, and Equity (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Review current hypertension guidelines.
- Describe the association between high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease risk.
- Explain the impact of implicit bias, oppression and discrimination on cardiovascular health.
- Discuss treatment strategies for hypertension according to patient’s risk level, co-morbidities, race/ethnicity age.
A Heart Healthy Lifestyle Counseling: A Focus on the Female Patient (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Identify two pregnancy complications associated with future CVD risk.
- Describe the integration of brief dietary counseling into a clinical visit.
- Apply evidence-based interventions to promote physical activity and healthy eating including the PCNA Heart Healthy Toolbox.