Clinical Education Director
The Director of Clinical Education (DCE) is responsible for all PCNA professional and patient education activities and products. This person plays a critical role in contributing to corporate development, grant writing, marketing/communications, and our annual meetings. The DCE supervises the Grants and Project Coordinator and the Grants and Education Coordinator positions and maintains current knowledge of trends in cardiovascular nursing, the broader health care delivery system, educational design, and the ACCME/CE regulatory world.
- Oversight of the quality and quantity of PCNA’s educational programs and projects
- Maintain PCNA’s continuing education providership
- Participate in educational collaborations with medical education companies and other professional groups
- Work in conjunction with the Grants and Project Coordinator on grant proposals
- Ownership for elevating the success and participation levels of live webinars and on-demand programs; metrics include enrollment, favorable post-test metrics, completion, and positive CE evaluative information
- Increase the productivity and leadership capacity of the CEO by assuming a business development role
- Regularly meet with current and prospective corporate sponsors at live events (AHA, ACC, Advisory Boards) and via conference calls
- Utilize education and fundraising knowledge to identify potential funding opportunities and maintain ongoing relationships with current funders
Administration and Team Collaboration
- Work with CEO to implement PCNA’s key strategies to increase visibility, membership growth, reach, influence and consumption of our professional and patient education products
- Lead and participate in the educational strategic planning process and oversee related board meetings
- Work collaboratively with Membership Coordinator and Communications Specialist to increase the value delivered through the regional chapter organizations and programs
- Work collaboratively with Meeting Planner and Communications Specialist to increase the value delivered through the PCNA Annual Symposium
- Work with CEO to identify board members and other professionals for participation in PCNA project work and provide mentorship and coaching as needed; involve board members as required in mentoring activities
- Identify and qualify opportunities for projects/partners that have the potential to demonstrate additional metrics and higher levels of outcomes for PCNA project work.
- Provide a clinical review of all PCNA external communications
- Staff liaison to the Continuing Education and Project Development and Review Committees
Other Desired Skills, Qualities and Experience
- Willingness to respond to diverse and concurrent requests of staff/board collaboration on projects and objectives
- Desire to overperform and overdeliver
- Commitment to excellent writing, editing, and communication skills with relentless attention to error-free work products
- Be driven to advance PCNA’s learning platform(s) and modalities
- Desire to be a part of a dynamic team and a willingness to be a team player
- Committed to PCNA’s mission
- Has and appreciates a sense of humor
The ideal candidate will be an advanced practice nurse with a strong background in cardiovascular nursing, an understanding of the broader health care delivery system and a working knowledge of CE regulatory issues. Experience in developing and/or overseeing certified professional education is desired. History of involvement in PCNA and a history of participation in related professional organizations would be a plus.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and relevant work product in a PDF format to Kelly Forman, PCNA Director of Operations, at kforman[at]pcna.net with the subject line “DCE – PCNA”.