- Melody Heffline MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, ACNP-BC
- Kelly Rudd PharmD, BCPS, CACP
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify prevalence rates of VTE, including rates for morbidity and mortality.
- Discuss professional guidelines that stress methods for assessing risk in patients with VTE and provide algorithms for patient management.
- Review clinical trial data for approved therapies for the effective and safe management of patients with, and at risk for the recurrence of VTE.
- Describe methods for ensuring effective communications with patients and caregivers as a means of improving adherence and self-care in patients with VTE.
This educational activity is provided by the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association (PCNA). PCNA is approved as a provider of nurse practitioner continuing education (CE) programs by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), provider number 030602.