INCORPORATING NOVEL APPROACHES FOR LIPID MANAGEMENT
This case-based presentation will provide you with best practices to help you manage patients with statin intolerance and those at high cardiovascular risk.
Credit: 1.25 (1.0 Pharmacology)
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Kathy Berra, MSN, ANP, FAANP, FAAN, FPCNA
- Lynne T. Braun, PhD, CNP, CLS, FAHA, FPCNA, FAAN
- Jonathon M. Firnhaber, MD
Note to our Physician Colleagues
- Describe the biochemical basis of abnormal lipid metabolism, noting areas that are targeted in both current and potential future therapies.
- Describe an evidence-based therapeutic approach to the patient with a true intolerance to statin therapy.
- Outline a treatment plan for the patient who has an inadequate response to high intensity statin therapy, including strategies to rule out suboptimal adherence and optimization of patient education.
- Describe the integration of shared decision-making into the clinical encounter for a patient with elevated LDL-cholesterol.
Credit for physician audience is provided through our collaborating partner, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Please follow this link for access to the program and CME credit information