MANAGEMENT OF PREGNANCY IN WOMEN WITH HEART DISEASE
A highly informative presentation by thought leader Mary Canobbio addressing the growing population of women with congenital heart disease who reach adulthood and desire pregnancy.
0.92 Hour CE
- Mary Canobbio RN, MN, FAAN, FAHA
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Review the hemodynamic effects of pregnancy, labor & delivery.
- Describe maternal and fetal risks in the setting of cardiovascular conditions
- Understand the importance of pre-pregnancy counseling and evaluation for women with heart disease
- Discuss management options for women considered moderate to high risk
- Understand importance of providing preconception counseling to women of childbearing age with heart disease in your practice or setting
This educational activity is provided by the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association (PCNA). PCNA is approved as a provider of nurse practitioner continuing education (CE) programs by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), provider number 030602.