The PCNA Heart Failure Award recognizes a registered or advanced practice nurse who has demonstrated an innovative, successful model of primary or secondary preventive care for patients with heart failure. The best practice model or research should be culturally appropriate and relevant to a middle aged or geriatric population.
(Other relevant topics will also be considered)
| || || |
| || || |
- Improved adherence to lifestyle or medical therapies
| || |
- Decreased hospital readmission
- May self nominate
- Must be a current member of PCNA
- Must attend the PCNA Annual Symposium and receive the award in person
- Must present the best practice model or research as a submitted abstract at the PCNA Annual Symposium for a poster or oral presentation
The winner will be recognized at the opening of the PCNA Annual Symposium with a
- The PCNA Heart Failure Award Plaque
- $1,000 Award for achievement
In addition, the winner will receive complimentary symposium registration, air and/or auto travel expenses to attend the symposium and 3-night hotel stay during the symposium.
Required Documents to Apply
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- Two letters of support describing the best practice model or research
- A description of your Heart Failure Best Practice Model or Heart Failure Research Study emphasizing the success of the program. This can be research results or outcome measures based on the list of metrics (2 page max; size 14 font).
All applications and supporting letters must be submitted on or before January 15, 2014. The winner will be notified by February 15, 2014.
For questions, please contact: Megan Bilskemper (or 608-442-3441).
This award is sponsored by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation