This award aims to provide nurses with incentive, recognition and resources to create, implement and evaluate healthy lifestyle programs for patients, workplaces, communities or schools. The winner will be awarded up to $4,000 plus free travel to the PCNA Annual Symposium.
To be eligible one must:
- Be a current PCNA member
- Be the primary person responsible for the creation, implementation and/or evaluation of a new or existing healthy lifestyle program
- Be able to provide a summary of the project in a poster format to be presented at the PCNA Annual Symposium within 2 years of receiving the award and provide an evaluation and outcomes summary
- Utilize award monies for “hard goods” such as equipment, paper/printing, videos, and or food samples and not for personnel (salaries/benefits) or space rental. Include a budget plan
HOW TO APPLY
- Overview of your program
- Budget plan
- Supporting documents (optional)
2014 Submissions due November 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Cathy Jenkens, RN, MS, University Hospital-Cincinnati: A Smoking Cessation Program Lead by an Advanced Practice Nurse in Heart Failure Clinic “Heart Failure Quit Tobacco”
- Sarah McGinty Sanders, BSN, Mid America Cardiology at the University of Kansas Hospital: A program addressing the issue of childhood obesity through the combination of mentoring and fitness "Girls on the Run"