2013 PCNA Fall Lecture Series
Saturday, Sept 14 - Nov 9, 2013 | Select Cities | Free
PCNA is offering national continuing education programs in more cities than ever in 2013! Plus, two clinical update series introduce even more topics for health care providers. Join us for new, free, half-day CE programs coming to the cities below.
Pre-Registration is required. To register, click on a meeting location below.
Clinical Update I
2.25 CE (includes .9 hours of pharmacology)
- Secondary Prevention of CVD: Best Practices Based on the Evidence
- Safe and Effective Dyslipidemia Management in Patients with Diabetes (DM) and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Lost in Transition: Keeping Heart Failure Patients from Falling Through the Cracks
Dates & Locations (7:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.)
|Denver, CO||Sept 14, 2013||Cincinnati, OH||Oct 19, 2013|
|Rochester, NY||Sept 21, 2013||Jacksonville, FL||Oct 26, 2013|
|New Orleans, LA||Sept 28, 2013||Duluth, MN||Oct 26, 2013|
|New York City||Oct 5, 2013||Cleveland, OH||Nov 9, 2013|
|Charlottesville, VA||Oct 12, 2013||Asheville, NC||Nov 9, 2013|
Clinical Update II
2.25 CE (includes 1 hour of pharmacology)
- Contemporary Identification and Management of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Heart Healthy Lifestyle Counseling: A Focus on the Female Patient
- Decreasing Stroke Risk in the Patient with Atrial Fibrillation: Current Options
Dates & Locations (7:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
|Chicago, IL||Sept 14, 2013||Spartanburg/Greenville, SC||Oct 19, 2013|
|Detroit, MI||Oct 5, 2013||Baltimore, MD||Nov 2, 2013|
|Atlanta, GA||Oct 12, 2013||San Francisco, CA||Nov 9, 2013|
To register for these programs, click on a meeting location above.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES: CLINICAL UPDATE I
Secondary Prevention of CVD: Best Practices Based on the Evidence
- Distinguish the pharmacologic profiles of current U. S. approved oral antiplatelet therapies. Identify strategies to promote adherence of secondary prevention recommendations for CVD.
- Summarize current evidence-based pharmacologic recommendations in secondary prevention of CVD
Safe and Effective Dyslipidemia Management in Patients with Diabetes (DM) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Describe common lipid abnormalities in patients with DM or CKD.
- Identify recommendations for dosing adjustments in statin therapy for these patients.
- Apply evidence based recommendations for dyslipidemia therapy in these patients.
Lost in Transition: Keeping Heart Failure Patients from Falling Through the Cracks
- Identify the clinical presentation and appropriate diagnostic tests for systolic (HFrEF) and diastolic heart failure (HFpEF).
- Identify the barriers that deter effective self care management in heart failure patients.
- Apply transition of care strategies in a heart failure case study.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES: CLINICAL UPDATE II
Contemporary Identification and Management of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Describe the clinical presentation of the individual with familial hypercholesterolemia, including physical exam and laboratory findings.
- Summarize current therapies available for patients with familial hypercholesterolemia.
Heart Healthy Lifestyle Counseling: A Focus on the Female Patient
- Identify two pregnancy complications associated with future CVD risk.
- Describe the integration of brief dietary counseling into a clinical visit.
- Apply evidence-based interventions to promote physical activity and healthy eating including the PCNA Heart Healthy Toolbox.
Decreasing Stroke Risk in the Patient with Atrial Fibrillation: Current Options
- Review the guidelines for oral anticoagulation therapy (OAT) in the patient with atrial fibrillation.
- Summarize prescribing information for the oral anticoagulants approved for stroke prophylaxis in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.
These activities are sponsored by the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association (PCNA). PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education - provider number 030602. These programs are accredited for 2.25 contact hours of continuing education (including .9 and 1 hour of pharmacology, respectively) and was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
This continuing education activity is supported by educational grants, from AstraZeneca, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Genzyme, a sanofi company.