2015 Call for Abstracts
2015 Submissions open September 1, 2014 and close November 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Click here to submit your abstract
- Mentoring is now available (pre-submission) for abstract authors. Contact Peggy Rynearson, Meeting Planner, at email@example.com if you are interested in being connected with a mentor.
- Two outstanding written abstracts will be selected for oral presentations and published in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
- Six outstanding posters will be published in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
- All presenters and winners will be recognized during PCNA General Sessions on Friday, April 10
- All submissions will be eligible for selection to participate in a Moderated Poster Session at the PCNA Annual Symposium. Those chosen to participate in the moderated session would each be allotted 5 minutes to present their work and 5 minutes to answer questions.
INVITATION: We invite healthcare professionals involved in original data-based research or quality improvement/innovative projects related to cardiovascular risk reduction & disease management to submit an abstract. Only original abstracts will be considered (not previously published or presented prior to submitting to PCNA). Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author to present a poster if accepted. Poster Presentations will take place 5:00 – 6:30 pm Thursday, April 9 during a special reception at the Anaheim Marriott Hotel. All posters will be randomly numbered by PCNA and displayed together in the foyer outside of the exhibit hall.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the poster session is to present original research findings and share new and innovative ideas for successful approaches to cardiovascular risk reduction and disease management. PCNA is proud to provide a forum for members and colleagues to share their ideas and best practices.
AWARDS & PUBLICATION:
1) Two outstanding written abstracts (one in each category) will be selected for oral presentations. Winners will receive a $250 award and deliver a 10-minute oral presentation to participants during general sessions.
2) During the Symposium, a first, second, or third place ribbon will be placed on winning posters. A $250 award will be given to the most innovative and significant poster presentation in two categories:
1. Data-Based or Original Research 2. Quality Improvement/Innovation in Patient Care
3) Both presenters and all first, second and third place winners will be recognized during PCNA General Sessions on Friday, April 10, and published in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
4) Everyone who has a poster is eligible to be selected to present at the Moderated Poster Session on Thursday afternoon, April 9. This small group session will be moderated by a PCNA board or committee member. Each presenter would be allotted 5 minutes to present their work and 5 minutes to answer questions.
what has an accepted poster will be offered the opportunity to share their poster on the MyWikiCare.org website. This is an online platform which was developed by an organization called Integrated Care Leadership Network (ICLN) so that individuals who are not at the symposium can still benefit from the completed research and the programs implemented.
SELECTION PROCESS: Each presenting author must submit two forms of their abstract: the first must list all authors and the second must be “blinded,” excluding author information. The PCNA Abstract Review Committee will make selections using a blind review process. In order to be accepted for review, abstracts must adhere to the guidelines set forth in this Call for Abstracts and must be received via the PCNA online submission form no later than November 3, 2014. Authors will be notified by December 15, 2014 of acceptance.