To download slide set to your computer: Right Click on “Slide Set”, Choose “Save Target As”, and save to your desired location.
Why is this campaign important?
- According to a survey by the CDC National Center for Health Statistics, only 13% viewed heart disease as their leading health concern.
- Awareness levels are lower in Black and Hispanic women, who are often at even higher risk because of the prevalence of blood pressure and diabetes.
Key messages in the campaign
- Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in women.
- Stroke is the #3 cause of death in women.
- Know the symptoms of heart attack and stroke, and seek medical attention promptly.
- Know your numbers including cholesterol profile, blood pressure, body mass index, blood sugar, and waist measurement.
We are looking forward to hearing your feedback and ideas! Please return to this page after your presentation and complete the feedback form so that we may continue to improve this campaign.