Win $5,000 to fund your wellness program!
February 1 - April 1, 2013
PCNA is challenging hospitals and organizations to spread awareness about heart disease prevention by hosting a Prevention Challenge for your employees or members. Participating organizations have the option to submit your Prevention Challenge to PCNA by April 1, 2013 for a chance to win a $5,000 award to fund your healthy lifestyle or wellness program.
Step 1: Develop a Prevention Challenge.
Join in on the Prevention Challenge by developing a wellness initiative or program at your organization. Your activity can be a one-time event or an ongoing program to support heart health at your organization.
Activity ideas include:
- Develop a daily walk
- Develop a weekly exercise class
- Encourage “walking meetings” or use of stairs rather than elevators
- Host a heart-healthy cooking demonstration
- Host a talk from a heart attack survivor
- Ask employees or members to track their sodium intake
- Give out free fruit or vegetables in your cafeteria or at an organization meeting
- Organize a wear red day at your organization
- Host your own Red Dress fashion show
- Organize a “step challenge” for co-workers to encourage regular physical activity
- Ask a local health care professional to give a seminar about heart attack risks
- Share heart healthy education tools with employees
Download Prevention Challenge flyers to promote your program in meeting and break rooms!
Step 2: Submit your Prevention Challenge.
Tell us about your Prevention Challenge program. Submit your Prevention Challenge, complete with photos and videos of your organization in action, for a chance to win $5,000 towards your organization's healthy lifestyle or wellness program. Use the award to fund more programs, purchase exercise equipment, fund gym memberships, etc. - whatever your organization needs to support the continued health of your employees or members!
Step 3: Share your entry with friends and co-workers.
Once you submit your Prevention Challenge, share your submission with co-workers, friends and family. Votes from Prevention Challenge participants and the public will help you win! The selection of the winner will be based 50% on the PCNA review, and 50% on votes conducted from all eligible entries received by Monday, April 1, 2013 at 11:59:00 p.m. (CST).
Nationally Sponsored by: