The Mission of the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
Our mission is to promote nurses as leaders in Cardiovascular Disease prevention and management across the lifespan.
- To increase public and political awareness of the critical role nurses play in comprehensive cardiovascular risk reduction.
- To promote individual and community education in cardiovascular risk reduction and disease management across the lifespan.
- To provide opportunities for education and professional development for nurses.
- To advocate for professional certification and development for nurses specializing in cardiovascular disease prevention and management.
- To disseminate information on innovative, fiscally responsible models of cardiovascular care delivery.
- To foster productive liaisons with professional organizations sharing similar goals.
- To support the utilization and dissemination of research and support evidence-based practice in cardiovascular risk reduction and disease management.